Friday, February 17, 2012

Tagalong

Colin D. Smith tagged me in a blog-chain where I have to answer eleven questions, create eleven questions, and then tag eleven people to answer them. Here it goes!



1. Which fictional character would you love to invite over for dinner?
Peeta Mellark, because of reasons. We'd break bread together.

2. Think of one person you aren’t able to see for whatever reason (distance, availability, etc.) you would love to meet up with. Who is this person? This can be a famous person, a relative, a literary agent–anyone, as long as they are alive. Oh my gosh, I've met so many wonderful people on the internet that I would love to meet with, but I can't choose between them. Any of them would be my first choice, but if I have to pick one person, I'll go with Aaron Tveit so we could sing and dance together have an intelligent conversation about his Broadway career.
3. What "classic" novel do you think least deserves that title?
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce. The beginning was ok, but the book became a pretentious mess that I'd argue lacks any real substance. 

4. If you could be any historical figure, who would that be and why?
The first person that came to mind was Letitia Youmans, the founder of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union in Canada. I realize it's an odd choice, but I find her and the organization fascinating, and even though I don't necessarily agree with prohibition, it would be so cool to be inside the head of a woman who was an advocate for both Christianity and women's rights.

4. Where in the world would you most like to visit, and why?
 I've always been infatuated with New York because of Broadway, the bright lights, big city appeal, and what's left of Bohemia. It's weird to say that's the place I'd most like to visit because it's so, you know, close, but it's a city I'm so drawn to.





5. If you were a crayon, what colour would be, and why?
Blue--contemplative, peaceful, quiet.

6. Let's pretend you have J.K. Rowling's bank account. What's for dinner tonight? I would fly back to Kazakhstan to have shashlik again. While I'm there, I'd have to treat myself to plof and beshbermak, too. 


7. Coke of Pepsi?
If I want regular pop, Pepsi, but if I want diet, Coke. 

8.Tea or Coffee?
Tea, absolutely. It's so much more fun than coffee! In a day, I can drink Earl Grey, Chai, and Pineapple tea. (Uh, not that I drink that much tea. Of course not.)

9. Think of your favourite band or song from the 1960s or 1970s. What/who is it?
"Hey Jude" by the Beatles for so many reasons.

10. When you get "the call" from an agent, who will be the first person you tell?
Probably my roommates, because they'd hear the squeal and want an explanation. The first person I'd call would be my dad. 

Here are my eleven questions!
1. What author's writing style do you most admire?
2. Favourite guilty pleasure food?
3. Favourite guilty pleasure TV show?
4. Who's your biggest fictional crush?
5. What's one thing no one in the blogosphere knows about you?
6. Favourite thing about your bookstore/library?
7. Describe your first novel in one word.
8. What song always makes you go, "This is my jam!"? 
9. If you had to give your favourite book a different title, what would it be?
10. Favourite board game?
11. Do you believe in life after love?

Instead of tagging eleven people, I'm going to leave my questions open for anyone to answer :) If you decide to answer them, leave a link in the comments, and I'll check it out. I'd love to hear what you have to say! 

1 comments:

Colin Smith said...

Thanks, Brianne! You did a great job with those questions. "Hey Jude" is one of my favorite Beatles songs. And it's interesting you have different Coke preferences depending on whether it's diet or regular. Cool! Nice getting to know you a little better. :)

Post a Comment

ShareThis