Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Road Trip Wednesday: Visual Inspiration

Road Trip Wednesday is hosted by YA Highway.

This Week's Topic: What images inspire/represent your WIP or favourite book?

I have been a terrible, terrible blogger lately, but what better way to ease myself into the blogosphere than to share a bit about my WIP, Finding Voice, through posting some pretty pictures?

I've done a couple of posts like this before for other WIPs, but this was, by far, the most difficult it's ever been to find pictures. So, I cheated. Theatre is a big part of Finding Voice, so I took a trip to Hipster Theatre Pictures and used some of their pictures with lines from musicals that inspired Finding Voice. The rest of the pictures are from weheartit.

Finding Voice is Arianna and Derek's story. Any guesses as to what that story is based on these pictures?














6 comments:

stephanie kuehn said...

I'm not sure I can guess the story, but I see some amazing themes and emotions and darkness and the fabulous backdrop of the theater. Very intriguing! I love that subway photo.

Carissa said...

Oh, these are so inspiring. Looks like a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing!

New follower BTW =)

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Hmm, I'm guessing forgiveness (of self and others)? This is a recurring theme in my work too.

Elizabeth Briggs said...

Lovely images. I'm thinking, redemption?

Anonymous said...

oh I LOVE these pictures! may have to steal a few since they fit so well for my WIP. :)

Brianne Carter said...

Stephanie - Thanks! That might be my favourite photo in the post; it's so sweet, sad, and dark at the same time.

Carissa - Thank you and thanks for the follow! :)

Angelica - Definitely a huge part of the novel! Forgiveness is so rewarding to write about, but so challenging at the same time.

Elizabeth - Thanks! And yes, redemption's huge :)

ashelunn - Thank you! Oh, I'm curious about your WIP now!

Post a Comment

ShareThis