Sunday, August 22, 2010

Reading Quirks

On the Playlist: Broken - Lifehouse

We’ve all heard of writing quirks (i.e.: I can only write upside down while drinking Sprite on Saturday afternoons!), but I want to know if anyone has reading quirks. Do you read the last page first? Do you read ten books at the same time? Do you skip all prologues?

I don’t like to read the end of books. Generally, once the climax has occurred and all the big questions have been answered, I put the book down. I think I do this because I don’t want stories to end; I want to imagine what the characters will do the next day, in the next ten year, with the rest of their lives.

What about you? Do you have any reading quirks?

2 comments:

Tracey Joseph said...

Sometimes when something big is going to happen in a book I skip forward and read the big event then go back and read up to it, and sometimes I read the ending before I'm even finished.

Your quirks are interesting, I've never met someone who didn't read the endings of books. :)

Unknown said...

I never look at the back page, but sometimes I flick to see if my favourite characters are still alive and well - ie. in Catching Fire I kept flicking forward to check on Finnick and Peeta. ...Let's just say I'm glad I didn't see the last page until the end, or I would have thrown the book through the window.

Post a Comment

ShareThis