Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

On the Playlist: Scars – Allison Iraheta (Callie’s theme song!)

Time for another tease! I think this is the fluffiest snip I’ve shared, and it may be a little too fluffy, but hopefully others enjoy the cheese as much as I do. I love Callie and Chase most when the fight, but it’s nice when they’re just sweet and squishable.

Chase was invited to teach at a dance convention (BEAT), and Callie is trying to show him how much he loves teaching to get him to agree. So, she took him to a park where he used to take his students to see if that inspired him.

---

“Teach me like you taught your students,” I tell him, climbing on top of the picnic table. “It’ll be just like the night we danced together in the cold, when you told me to dance like the wind.”

His grin twists into a smirk. “With the wind.”

I shrug. “Same difference.”

“Ok then,” Chase says. He’s still grinning and I kind of want to jump his bones. Minus the kind of. “Dance like the wind.”

I dance like the wind.

In other words, I flail my body around like a total spaz until I fall off the table and into the snow.

Chase is laughing one of those full, beautiful laughs, and all I want to do is capture the sound with my mouth and keep it forever.

I know that I’m why he’s so happy, and that’s a much better thought than I’m why he can’t walk, dance, or live. “You like me, don’t you?” I ask as I stand up and brush the snow off me.

“Yeah, a little,” he says.

“You really like me."

Chase nods really quickly. I love it when he moves.

“Why?” I ask. It’s not that I’m some insecure girl who doesn’t believe that anyone could like me, but rather that I honestly don’t know what’s likeable about me.

“Well,” he says, wheeling himself over to me. “You’re fun. And yeah, you may not care about many people, but you give the people you care about everything you have. It doesn’t hurt that you’re really hot, either.”

Wow. Who knew?

“I like you too,” I tell him. “A lot.”

“Why?” he asks, his tone teasing. He’s close enough that I can feel his words on my lips. Seriously, he needs to figure out how to keep his dick up so he can do me now, right here in the snow.

I wonder why people think I'm a slut.

“You’re sweet,” I tell him. “And your passion for people and life is just really cool and inspiring.” I smirk then say, “It doesn’t hurt that you’re really hot, either.”

Finally, our ridiculous grins come together, and we make out like the horny, happy teenagers we are.

Stage One of Get Chase Back on BEAT was a failure.

That’s ok. I’d rather have him with me than have him teaching again.

3 comments:

ChristaCarol Jones said...

I like how she gets distracted with her motives, but this is almost too fast! I want more detail in all of it! I like them enough to want to see and feel everything they do. :)

Karla Calalang said...

Oh wow. This was such an amazing scene. I swear, Chase and Callie are an amazing couple. Love them! :D

Angelica R. Jackson said...

As a reader, I wanted it slowed down a bit too, although I think this is probably exactly how Callie remembers/experienced it.

Post a Comment

ShareThis