Friday, March 4, 2011

THIS IS AN EXCITING TITLE

Despite how much I've neglected my blog lately, the lovely Taryn at Hope Junkie gave me a blog award! I appreciate it so much, especially since when she gave it to me, it motivated me to update my blog for the first time in weeks. So, thanks Taryn! And if you're not following her, click here, click on follow, and your life will become more awesome. 


Now, I am supposed to tell all of you seven random things about myself that you may think you never needed nor wanted to know, but trust me, you want to know. It'll give you so many things to make fun of me for.

1. I never use bookmarks.
2. I can't look at pencils, pens, erasers, crayons, markers, etc. when I eat. It really grosses me out? This was a problem when I worked at a daycare, and is quite inconvienent as a writer.
3. Thus far, in every novel-length story that I can't actually call novels I've written (as well as in my novels), after the main couple has their last break up (which either means they live happily ever after once they make up or...they don't), they spend the night together in an innocent, let's-not-have-sex-but-appreciate-each-other way. I did not realize this until a friend was like, "Hey, this scene is like that one in the other story...and the one in the other story." And so on. This did not stop me from doing it again.
4. I love reading acknowledgements so much that I consider it to be a reward for finishing a book.
5. I never used to use the ;) emoticon. I always thought :P was more appropriate and endearing. Now, I probably use ;) more, and feel more mature for it (but I still have a soft spot for :P.)
6. I'm infatuated with country music and its culture. The boys I've had the strongest feelings for have been from the boonies, and have driven pick-up trucks. Any wonder I relate to Taylor Swift songs so well?
7. I LOVE CAPS LOCK. I USED TO LOVE IT IN AN ~IRONIC~ WAY, BUT NOW I THINK IT MAKES EVERYTHING SO MUCH MORE EXCITING.

And now, to give the award to some more stylish bloggers! Again, if you follow this people, your life will become more awesome. Promise.
Caitlin Darrell at A (Sort-of) Life
Debra Driza at houndrat.com
Kathleen Peacock at Tales of a Writing Geek
Erin Jade at write me
Karla Nellenbach at The Last Word

Have a great day, everyone!

6 comments:

Bidisha said...

Congrats on the award!
And these are some of the most adorable random facts I've read about someone. Heh.

Also, I LOVE reading acknowledgements.

Aleeza said...

congrats! acknowledgements are awesome, aren't they? and caps-lock rules!

Unknown said...

:P FTW. Also, THANK YOU BRI, also, YOU'RE AMAZING - and this is not caps lock irony. This is the truth.

Kathleen Peacock said...

Thanks :) (And I love reading the acknowledgment pages, too)

Brianne Carter said...

Bee - Thanks! And heh, thanks for going with adorable instead of crazy ;)

Aleeza - Thanks! LOVING ALL THE CAPS LOCK LOVE :)

Caitlin - I FEEL LIKE I'M MAKING A REALLY IMPORTANT DECISION WHENEVER I USE ;) OR :P NOW. CLEARLY, IT SAYS SO MUCH ABOUT ME. YOU'RE WELCOME AND THANK YOU! :)

Kathleen - You're welcome!

Unknown said...

YAY! thanks! sorry I'm a little late to the party on this...I have no excuse, so I'm not even going to try conjuring one up. I'll do a post sometime next week. Thanks again!!

Post a Comment

ShareThis