Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday: Who Should Narrate the Audio Book?

Road Trip Wednesday is hosted by YA Highway.

This Week's Topic:
If you got to choose a celebrity narrator for the audio book of your WIP or your favorite novel, who would it be and why?

When I hear my narrator talk, I don't hear the tone of her voice. I do, however, hear her attitude and emotion. So, this choice is more about the way my character speaks than it is about how she sounds. 

Chelsie Hightower, of So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing with the Stars fame, is who I would choose to narrate Building Forts as Callie. I have no idea if she can act--her dancing suggests that she can, but that doesn't involve her voice--but her attitude matches Callie's well enough that it wouldn't be much of a stretch.


I've posted a collection of Chelsie's quotes, many of which match Callie's personality. The most important part of Callie's voice is her snark, which I hear in how Chelsie's sarcastic with others and herself. Callie's also not the most eloquent of narrators, and Chelsie has multiple moments where she realizes what she's saying isn't quite right halfway through. I also think how Chelsie's sexy when she dances, but jokes about her sexuality and is a little tomboy-ish off stage, would translate well to how Callie can be so awkward during flirting and foreplay, but ultimately knows how to, uh, get the job done.


Who would you choose to narrate your WIP's audio book?

2 comments:

Debra D. said...

Yay for snark! I picked the voice for my MC in Demon Guard based on that quality, too! :D

Fun choice!

Alison Miller said...

I love Chelsie Hightower! I went to one of the Tour shows for So You Think You Can Dance - got to meet her. She's so nice!

Post a Comment

ShareThis