Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday: Favourite WIP Lines

Road Trip Wednesday is hosted by YA Highway.

This Week's Topic: What is your favourite line from your WIP (or from a book you read recently?)

Confession: When I read this week's prompt, the first lines from my WIP to come to mind were dirty jokes. Honestly, I'm quite proud of them. 

Most of those only make sense in the context of the novel, (see, they're complex dirty jokes), so here are two innocent lines from BUILDING FORTS that I'm proud of:

Anyone who lives as much as he does would die.

Guys, that's the first line. In other words, lower your expectations, because the novel only gets worse! 

The other line is:

 Chase and I share one of those smiles that make people hate you because you're hogging happiness.

What are your favourite lines from your WIP?

11 comments:

Kirsten Hubbard said...

LOVE them!

Abby Stevens said...

Chase and I share one of those smiles that make people hate you because you're hogging happiness.

Yes! This is so spot-on!

k said...

Love them. Both of them. I'd definitely keep reading after that first line! And the hogging happiness...grrr to people that do that. Haha

Kara said...

Love the second one!!

Kate Hart said...

<3 <3 them both.

Kaitlin Ward said...

Love both. That first line is killer!!

KatOwens: Insect Collector said...

these are both UTTERLY charming. LOVE them.

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Hogging happiness FTW!

Bidisha said...

That first line.

I want to read your book. NOW.

Unknown said...

Aww I love these lines!

Jess said...

"Lower your expectations"? No way. These lines are great! :)

Post a Comment

ShareThis