Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Building Forts Trailer!

So, I'm a dork. I love editing videos, which made this task really, really fun for me.

To me, editing videos is like writing; it's a way to tell a story, just through pictures instead of words. So, after seeing this awesome book trailer yesterday, I was inspired to make one of my own.

I'm actually happier with the finished product than I thought  I would be. Chelsie Hightower (So You Think You Can Dance, Season 4) represents Callie, and BJ Rourke (So You Think You Can Dance Australia, Season 2) represents Chase. They are who I always imagined I'd cast Callie and Chase as.

Talia Fowler (SYTYCDAU S2) represents Terri, and Gev Manoukian (SYTYCD S4) represents Darren. They're not exactly who I picture as Terri and Darren, but they both fit the roles well.

The song in the trailer is Needle and Haystack Life by Switchfoot, which is one of my favourite songs of all time. It actually wasn't on the playlist for this story, but when going through my music to pick a song for this I decided to try it out, and was so surprised (and thrilled) by how well it fit.

Also, you may have noticed that I changed the working title of my WIP from "Fall" to "Building Forts", which is good, because I really hated that first working title.

And now that I've rambled enough, here's the trailer!

5 comments:

Tahereh said...

very cool!! great work :D

Nomes said...

hey - that's cool. And I LOVE your characters names!

Rebecca A. Rogers said...

Love it! And the premise sounds great! I'd read it. ;)

Kathy Bradey said...

Great job!!! And thanks for the shout out/linky thing.

PS. Thought BJ was awesome in the "Dead and Gone" dance :)

Brianne Carter said...

Tahereh - Thanks so much!

Nomes - Thank you! Heh, I, of course, like my characters' names too :P

Becca - Yay, liking the premise is the most important part! Thanks!

Kathy - Thank you, and you're welcome :P DUDE I could (and do) go on for days about BJ in the Dead and Gone dance. The passion he danced with was INSANE.

Post a Comment

ShareThis