Friday, December 17, 2010

Favourite Holiday Songs!

On the Playlist: Silent Night - Mercy Me


It's the most wonderful time of the year! Wondering what music to listen to while you're on a sleigh ride through a winter wonderland? Need to add noise to your silent night? In the mood for some silver bells that jingle?

Can you tell that I've been watching The Sing-Off which, let's be honest, is actually a competition of puns? 

Now, I'll share my five favourite holiday songs, and you will laugh, because they are embarrassing. But, that's the beauty of Christmas. It makes it ok to listen to campy music! (We will ignore the fact that I listen to campy music year-round.)

It's just a gorgeous song, and Kelly's version resonates with me the most.

Don't judge. I know you love it too. 

It's Elmo. Do I have to say anything else? And I LOVED Rosie O'Donnell when I was a kid (seriously), so the duet never fails to bring back memories of those magical Christmases you have when you still believe in Santa Claus.

I honestly don't know how to explain what this song means to me in words. It's not the song itself, but it's how it reminds me of my mom, who passed away. When I hear it, I feel like she's with me again. That is truly magical.

I'm a maritimer. To be a maritimer, you have to love Great Big Sea. Seriously, it's a requirement. I love where I live, and as Great Big Sea does so well, this song captures the maritimes. It sounds like home.


What are your favourite holiday songs? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Bri, you are so gorgeous. I'll be honest, I've only heard 2 of your favourite Xmas songs, but I blame that on the fact Australia has its own kind of carols this time of year, which they flog like nothing else.

Coldplay's 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' is one of the most depressing yet poignant carols ever. Hell, I listen to it even when it isn't Christmas. I'm cool like that :P

Brianne Carter said...

Caitlin - <3 I'd be so curious to hear Australian carols! I have issues with Coldplay :P, but I listened to their Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and I can definitely hear how its poignant. Trust me, it's high praise for me to compliment a Coldplay song. They're the only band who can turn me (you know, the girl with Elmo on her list of favourite Christmas songs) into a music snob lol.

Post a Comment

ShareThis