Friday, December 10, 2010

Just Sharing Some Inspiration

Sometimes we're struck by stories that aren't in books, but in music, in photographs, in film.

In people.

This dance has hit me in a way that's like that breathless feeling you get after you read a book, one that worked its way right into your heart, that somehow found a home in you. I won't say anything else about the dance. It is what it is, and just like with books, you'll like it or you'll won't. I'm posting this in hopes that someone else will get knocked out by it like I did.


Choreography: The brilliant Erica Sobol.
Dancers: Leah Moyer and one of the most underrated dancers ever to be on So You Think You Can Dance, Thayne Jasperson.
Music: "The Moment I Said It" by Imogen Heap, and "I Don't Feel it Anymore (Song of the Sparrow)" by my favourite artist of all time, William Fitzsimmons.

Enjoy. 



I'd love for all of you to share what stories (that aren't found in books) have left you breathless.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Sometimes we're struck by stories that aren't in books, but in music, in photographs, in film."

Perfectly stated, Bri.

EJW

nindogs said...

I know exactly what you mean. I've heard that Imogen Heap song before and it was inspiring. I find those bits of inspiration from TV and films, not so much in music, but strangely enough, from things like the latest Step Up movie. (hides in shame) I know, that is the lamest thing ever. I especially find that gangly little guy, Adam Sevani, and his water dances and whatnot to be inspiring. (Maybe because I have gangly little guy characters)

Brianne Carter said...

EJ - Thanks :)

nindogs - LOL You don't ever have to be embarrassed about Step Up when talking to me. I'm such a dance dork that I love Center Stage, and Step Up deserves an Oscar compared Center Stage. LOOOVE Adam Sevani. Definitely see how he'd be an inspiration!

Post a Comment

ShareThis